The Application Programmer/Analyst-ETL position within the Business Intelligence group is responsible for developing, configuring, coding, testing and debugging new software solutions. The Application Programmer/Analyst-ETL serves as a key technical resource in the development and delivery of data-oriented solutions to support critical business needs.
• Develops, tests and implements enterprise data movement (ETL and CDC) solutions.
• Addresses system defects and implements enhancements to existing functionality.
• Works with onshore/offshore team to analyze, develop and improve ETL run times as well as produce accurate defect free code.
• Troubleshoots issues with minimal guidance, identifies bottlenecks in existing data workflows and provides solutions for a scalable, defect-free application.
• Participates in the definition of application scope and objectives through research and fact finding.
• Maintains productive working relationships with project sponsors and key systems users.
• Develops effort estimates for assigned application software implementation activities.
• Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
• Supports production environment in the event of emergency.
• Provides performance tuning insight to project team and creates reusable objects and templates.
Bachelor's degree in Business, IT or related field.
• Extensive experience working with Informatica.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT operations and support.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working on large data initiatives.
• Experience in the design and development of ETL workflows.
• Experience working with job scheduler and monitoring tools.
• Experience working with relational database technology.
• Experience with SQL scripting languages (SSIS, PL/SQL, etc.)
• Experience with large enterprise-grade data warehouse solutions.
• Experience working with Change Data Capture (CDC) technology.
• Experience with large database implementations (Oracle, SQL server, Teradata, IBM, etc.)