This is a functional role (not an IT position) in the Quote to Cash organization focused on providing Level One Production Support for these Oracle R12 modules: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable; iprocurement, Fixed Assets and General Ledger.
Level 1 Production Support (break/fix/emergency) primary responsibilities include:
- 1st point-of-contact for the business.
- Use functional expertise to help the business user understand how to resolve the problem.
- Use functional expertise to help business users understand how the system should be working.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking skills to understand the impact and severity of production issues.
- Ability to build relationships with both the user groups supported and the technical teams
- Drive issues to closure, leverage technical teams as an exception. Expectation is that the candidate will know enough about how R12 works that they will be able to explain to the users what to do to resolve the issues.
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to understand issues raised by the user community and clarify problem statements.
- Must also be able to communicate issues to a wide audience that includes senior leaders.
- Strong analytics capabilities, able to use tools like Excel, TOAD and Business Objects to run queries to understand impact of issues.
- Ability to Understand the solution used to resolve the issue (e.g. work with the business to correct user errors, data fixes, minor code changes, user training).
- Test and verify bug fixes in order to deploy in to production; coordinate testing efforts with end users as needed
- Set priorities for engineering in the assigned functional areas
- Drive for root cause analysis and root cause elimination.
- Communicating status of issues to the business
- Demonstrate an understanding of SDLC processes.
- Highlight opportunities for future enhancements, for both system and process improvements.
Minimum three to five years experience with the following Oracle application modules: