Business Intelligence Analyst
The Business Intelligence Analyst will work in our Business Intelligence platform, Birst, to develop an actionable dashboard stack to serve the decision making needs of the various constituencies. This role, along with the other members of the Data Operations team, will interface directly with decision makers to assess data and reporting needs, build the necessary data structure, and develop reports and dashboards to streamline the decision making process across user levels. This role will also develop documentation around reports and dashboards, including catalog tracking and training materials.
- Develop insightful and actionable dashboards for internal teams using our BI platform, Birst
- Help drive strategic decision-making through detailed analysis, insights and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs) and dashboards
- Consult with various business stakeholders to understand their data use case and reporting needs
- Deliver visibility into benchmarks across the company’s functions
- Provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards, or other tools
- Document specifications for business intelligence reports, dashboards, or other outputs
- Partner with the Data Operations team to insure data quality and integrity across the BI platform
- Maintain catalog of dashboards, reports, and use cases
- Disseminate information regarding tools, reports, or metadata enhancements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Expert in developing actionable dashboards
- Experience creating BI reports and dashboards is required
- Experience creating BI reports and dashboards in Birst is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- An ability to balance being detail-oriented and seeing the big picture
- An ability to work well with a variety of personalities towards a common goal
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills is required
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the Microsoft Office suite
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience in analytics or data visualization and a demonstrated record of successful data analysis projects and outcomes
- 3+ years of development / visualization experience, including designing and developing reports and dashboards with large data volumes
- Strong experience developing, testing, and delivering complete visualization solutions
- Experience building dashboards to show insights of different data sets and customer-level detailed reports
- Experience with Birst, Tableau, Domo, QlickView, and/or other data visualization tools required
- Experience with Birst preferred
- Experience developing user requirements and user interfaces
- Experience using different data sources such as Teradata, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft Analysis Services
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. The physical requirements for performing the essential functions of this position require the team member to be able to:
- Able to sit, stand, kneel, walk, and reach.
- Able to lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Hear well enough to communicate with others.
- Read a computer screen and written material.
- Write, type, and use phone system
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. [select one]
- Good working environment with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.