Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Business System Analyst This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in beautiful Portland, OR. Our client supports a work/life balance, free parking for cars and bicycles, and on-site restaurant options. Having partnered with this client for over 23 years, a high percentage of Xtreme consultants are approved for extensions. Additionally, we have an on-site Xtreme support team that is always available to directly assist both the consultants and the client.
This position is responsible for assembling and facilitating the review and approval of the business requirements. As Application Owner for a suite of software applications, the candidate will provide technical and systems development leadership in solving difficult technical challenges and implement the proper technologies to meet the business needs of the company.
Professionalism and strong communication skills are essential. Must be comfortable working under the pressure of delivering quality results with schedule deadlines and must have a proven track record in meeting schedule for tasks while still meeting, or exceeding business requirements and goals. Must be able to work independently as well as with others on work tasks and must demonstrate initiative and the ability to self-manage time and work with minimal direction. It is essential to be able to communicate, and work well within a team environment.
· Actively work with customers to analyze business needs, gather and document business and system requirements
· Perform analysis and design on application projects
· Identify risks in proposed project designs
· Write detailed technical specifications for developers to follow
· Perform business process analysis
· Facilitate IT work estimates
· Document use cases and closely interact with developers and QA
· Facilitate test planning, execution and user testing
· Provide guidance and training to peers and to developers at lower levels
· Facilitate meetings and document outcome
· Perform technical training when necessary
· Develop and perform formal presentations when required
· Set technology direction in concert with IT standards
· Understand IT processes and work within designated department guidelines
· Participate in the development and continuous improvement of BSA standards
· Perform Application Ownership Responsibilities
· Assess user needs
· Provide customer service in both advisory and support roles.
· Assist with user training as needed
· Troubleshoot application problems and propose optimal resolutions
· Responsible for optimization of system applications
· Provide best practices and application knowledge mentorship
- Strong knowledge of Software Architecture.
- Technical proficiency in relevant operating systems, applications and languages.
- A proven ability to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills, oral and written (including technical writing) communication skills, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- A proven ability to work in cross-functional/matrix organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft-based environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Ability to analyze and document business and system processes, multitask and handle ambiguity, and to take charge and lead tasks to completion.
- Experience writing Use Cases.
- Thorough understanding of the Application Development Life Cycle and the ability to lead efforts in implementing life cycle practices.
• BI and SAP HANA experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years’ experience in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in agile environment as product owner or similar role.
- Experience as a team leader and working with off-shore development.