Xtreme Consulting Group is currently Recruiting for a Sr. Business Systems Analyst. This is an opportunity at one of our local client’s sites in the beautiful Portland, OR Metro area.
This position is a 12-month contract with an excellent chance for extension.
If you are looking for your next challenge, we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you!
We are looking for the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving/decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with customers, understand their business practices and manage their expectations.
- Ability to analyze and document business and system requirements.
- Experience writing Use Cases and Functional Designs.
- Ability to plan and perform testing, including documenting test conditions, expected results, and test validation.
- Ability to multitask and handle ambiguity and changing requirements.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Thorough understanding of the Application Development Life Cycle and the ability to lead efforts in implementing life cycle practices.
- At least 3 years’ experience working on IBM mainframe systems. Knowledgeable with reading and analyzing mainframe components.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with IMS hierarchical databases.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with DB2 relational databases and database query tools. Highly proficient in performing data analysis and writing complex SQL queries.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Provide business systems analysis and guidance for mainframe Systems in the Manufacturing area.
- Perform analysis and design on application projects / enhancement requests. Work with customers, SMEs, and project team to analyze business needs, gather and document business and system requirements
- Define Project Units of Work and Estimates to complete each.
- Create and maintain excellent communication and working relationships with business stakeholders, project team, other cross-functional IT departments.
- Work independently with minimal guidance to analyze current complex system processes and design solutions to meet the business requirements.
- Facilitate meetings and document outcome
- Perform As-Is business process analysis and develop creative, improved To-Be processes.
- Document business processes, use cases, functional designs, detailed solution specifications, and any other documentation needed to provide information to the project team and business customer.
- Facilitate IT work estimates
- Work closely with and provide direction to project developers.
- Create test plans, execute test plans, facilitate user testing.
- Plan, document, and execute system implementations.
- Provide functional/technical expertise to support post implementation activities, including training, troubleshooting, and issue resolution.
- Understand IT processes, follow best practices, work within designated guidelines.