Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Business System Analyst with reporting. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in beautiful Portland, OR. Our client supports a work/life balance, free parking for cars and bicycles, and on-site restaurant options. Having partnered with this client for over 23 years, a high percentage of Xtreme consultants are approved for extensions. Additionally, we have an on-site Xtreme support team that is always available to directly assist both the consultants and the client. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
The Business Analyst is responsible for working closely with clients, project managers, core team members and other project stakeholders and providing leadership throughout the Software Development Life Cycle. This individual must possess solid business acumen, strong oral and written communication skills, flexibility, self-motivation, and social skills.
Specific functions include:
- For assigned projects, actively work with customers to analyze business needs, gather and document business and systems requirements.
- Assemble and facilitate the review and approval of the business requirements
- Provide guidance to the business representatives to ensure the approved requirements will achieve business objectives
- With the team, design and architect a solution that will meet requirements
- Document use cases/functional designs
- Review functional specifications, ensuring they align with the business requirements
- Provide assistance to the IT Manager in understanding the requirements and resolving any project conflicts
- Develop test plans and test cases, perform system testing, and facilitate User Acceptance Testing
- See the solution through to implementation and final user sign off
- Facilitate meetings
- Skilled at facilitating and recording client discovery sessions
- Experience identifying and managing business and functional requirements
- Experience documenting deliverables (requirements & functional design, user stories, test plans, test cases, UAT sessions, acceptance report, training materials).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and perform testing; document test conditions, expected results, and test validation
- Ability to multitask and handle ambiguity
- Ability to take charge and lead tasks to completion
- Ability to work in a team environment 5+ years of progressively responsible systems analysis experience
- Thorough understanding of the Application Development Life Cycle
- This individual will work on 3 or more separate projects and must be able to prioritize and multitask
- Projects will involve a high degree of reporting, experience in documenting, designing, and testing report requirements using various tools and technologies is desired.
- Position may require travel within the US to meet with internal business customers