Color Application Manager
(Production Paint Manager)
The color application Manager will work with our paint suppliers on paint quality, delivery, product development and workability. This candidate must be knowledgeable in application processes for custom base colors formulated by our paint supplier, their array of custom color, and internal processing. The Color Application Manager will also provide and support data that meets team color match, texture, durability and appearance that is compatible with our Standard Operating Procedures.
- Keep updated and accurate records of all custom developed basecoat paint color, technical data and MSDS material as received from supplier
- Assure paint area (i.e., booth, prep station, etc.) and paint mix/storage rooms are clean and all custom basecoat color products are stored as directed by the supplier. Manage, order and inventory paint supplies to meet production needs
- Demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health and compliance procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such
- Must have previous coating experience
- Actively support of all safety activities aligned with MVPS Safety Excellence. Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., may spot repair or finesse production units when necessary, etc.
- BS/MS degree in Science/Engineering fields (Preferred, or equivalent experience.)
- Min. (10-15) years of experience in paint line management, color formulation/QC software systems, and color measurement tools
- Skilled in the preparation and application of solvent based paints to plastic and other substrates.
- Skilled in estimating time and material requirements of work projects assigned.
- The ideal candidate must be able to apply data analysis tools to system development and problem solving. Appropriate skills include system trouble shooting and diagnosis, basic statistics, and computer systems development
- Must be able to interpret, analyze and apply numerical color and appearance measurement
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to perform efficient experiments to identify issues, develop relationships and validate results using process/product variables in relation to visual or optical measurement responses
- Ability to spray paint and recognize good application technique
- Spray process experience to direct and problem salving application, solve match issues with Color Application Team
- Coordinate supplier paint trials and color match activities with various engineers
Schedules, assigns, and plans the work of paint shop personnel performing a variety of painting projects. Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules, priority of painting expenditures and procedures for equipment maintenance. Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned employees. Enforces safety regulations and adheres to proper codes and standards. Skilled in both verbal and written communication. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This position reports to the VP of Operations.
- Adherence to industry safety standards
- Uncompromising eye for quality and the ability to gently inform/enforce with others
- Accountable for department costs and budget
- Accountable for complete customer satisfaction
- Maintaining and communicating project schedules with assembly and engineers
- Manage color application people assigned to ensure total quality, adherence to safety and all customer specifications and standards within company guide lines