The Creative Production Developer…
- Will be responsible for the programming of all forms of marketing emails and landing page-communications. The workload will be comprised of automated communications and one-off email and landing page programs.
- Will hand-code emails using email coding best practices and techniques such as responsive design. They will ensure code is rendering correctly across all email clients and will test and troubleshoot code as needed.
- Will develop landing pages using our content management system (Adobe AES).
- Will work with internal and external visual designers, copywriters, marketing managers, and marketing operations managers to bring the email and landing pages to life.
Some examples of a daily workflow include:
- Flexibility in managing multiple projects with short lead times and hard due dates.
- Proactively working with marketers and design teams to prioritize and commit to deadlines. Tracks own projects and deadlines proactively.
- Simultaneously juggling multiple coding projects such as monthly newsletters, multi-touch email series, and updates to existing HTML email creative.
- Uploading creative to review tool for feedback, making changes, and working directly with marketers/design team to clarify changes if unclear.
- Testing and QA’ing final coded email assets before releasing to marketers for handoff to email vendor. Ensuring images, code is clean and error free. Will trouble shoot, find fixes, and answer questions from our email vendor when they arise.
- Creating new emails and landing pages using templates and/or taking new design concepts to code from scratch.
- Creating new images or editing existing imagery
- 3+ years in email coding
- Proficient in using content management systems such as Adobe AES
- Design experience (layout and typography)
- Code full-functioning HTML templates to spec from Photoshop files
- Knowledge of methods and best practices to employ in order to get emails to render consistently across all email clients.
- A strong sense of web design and user experience fundamentals
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Experience working in large matrix organization
- Able to work in a fast pace, ever-changing environment
- Ability to multi-task, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work