Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Data Architect. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in beautiful Portland, OR. Our client supports a work/life balance, free parking for cars and bicycles, and on-site restaurant options. Having partnered with this client for 20 years, a high percentage of Xtreme consultants are approved for extensions. Additionally, we have an on-site Xtreme support team that is always available to directly assist both the consultants and the client.
Provide strategic and technical leadership to ensure that the technology objectives of the enterprise are aligned to both business needs and future goals. Implement solutions that meet company business requirements by providing sound, industry standard architectures which meet the company’s compliance criteria. Analyze the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and provide solutions for improvement. Analyze technology, industry and market trends and determine their potential impact on the enterprise and provide solutions.
We are looking for the following skills:
- Must have the ability to lead work groups related to strategic initiatives and best practices.
- Experience with DB2/UDB, IMS, and SQL Server database administration
- Experience with Big Data platforms and Analytics solutions
- Minimum of three years of hands on experience in Enterprise Data Modeling and/or database development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, mathematics, Business, or related discipline, or equivalent data management experience.
- Must have excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and work with minimal supervision.
Your responsibilities in this role would be: New Development
- Assist in identifying architecture path during initial phase of projects requiring database or BI expertise.
- Understands Big Data concepts and appropriate use cases.
- Ensures compliance with the company’s standards where applicable.
- Understands and practices Data Architecture & Data Governance
- Develops end-to-end architecture solutions for BI environment.
- Helps to create and maintain enterprise view of existing data.
- Assists in establishing data related strategies for the future.
- Gathers and translates business requirements into supported database solutions that leverage existing data stores where possible.
- Understands OLAP and OLTP environments to support Enterprise Data Warehouse’s relational and dimensional models.
- Collaborates with Application Integration consultants and Database Administrators in the implementation of the company’s Metadata repository.