Xtreme Consulting. is currently looking for a Data Center Administrator. This is a technical position with the Information Technology Group at the North American headquarters of an international company.
- End-to-end coverage of all related infrastructure areas: Servers, OS, Storage, Network, Security & Compliance, Monitoring, Quality Assurance, Reporting/Service Delivery and Governance.
- Apply best practices in effective monitoring.
- Oversee daily system monitoring. This includes verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, and services, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Individual should have the ability to support and maintain heterogeneous production environments and must be able to understand issues and efficiently troubleshoot them.
- Participate in after-hours support
- Should have 5+ years of in-depth working knowledge of server-, network- and storage technologies (Microsoft, VMWare, CISCO Network, HP- and IBM Storage products, amongst others)
- Should have proficiency and recent hands-on experience in Systems Administration, Storage Design and Administration
- Should be extremely proficient with VMware & Virtualization Technologies, SDDC technologies and Enterprise Storage Systems.
- Should have good communication skills and ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (including senior-level decision makers)
- Should be able to work independently, yet be a great team player in a flexible and fast paced business environment.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS (Certifications preferred)
· VMware (ESXi, vCenter, vSAN), HP and IBM Storage Management, Backups, Windows- and Linux Server
· Cisco Networking (LAN)
· WAN Technologies (MPLS)
· Data Center Infrastructure Operations (Power, Cabling, Cooling) Operations
· Desktop Virtualization
· Business Continuity an Disaster Recovery concepts
· Web Hosting
· Data Base Managment
· Service Provisioning and Cloud Computing
· Experienced with team environment with both individual and shared goals.
· Experienced with change management processes including documentation and risk management. Manufacturing support experience a plus.
- Flexibility, commitment and follow through
- Excellent analytical- and troubleshooting skills
· ITIL (experience in ITIL-based environments and/or certification) would be a plus
- German language skill would be a plus
Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration (BA/BS) preferred, or relevant experience (5+ years)