The Data Scientist and Predictive Analytics Manager will be involved in data analysis for all segments of the company including Operations, Marketing, IT, and Finance, requiring you to be good at communication, but in return allowing you to interact with a very broad audience across all parts of our business.
Core job duties
- Designing and testing new ways for us to dynamically price and re-price our inventory.Pricing strategies can reflect high frequency trading techniques. (the current number of price changes we do daily is in the millions)
- Designing and testing new ways of sorting/shelving new incoming items using predictive analytics to determine the likelihood and speed of which an item may sell
- Analyzing data with standard statistical methods, interpreting results, and providing written and oral summaries of results
- Designing and executing A/B/n testing
- Data mining and ad hoc analysis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- R , Python.
- Experience querying SQL databases and working with large data sets (500M+ rows) including multiple tables and joins
- Understanding of regression, classification, clustering and other statistical/machine learning techniques
- Experience with Pandas, scikit-learn and other modern data manipulation and machine learning tools.
- Experimental design and results analysis to determine best profitability of options
- Ability to apply mathematics and statistics to a broad range of problems
- Required Education and Experience
- 2+ years analysis for an E-commerce site
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, economics, or equivalent field
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Masters degree or PhD from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, Operations Research, or related fields, with a minimum of two years of relevant experience (strong mathematical background with ability to understand algorithms and methods from a mathematical viewpoint and an intuitive viewpoint)