Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Deskside Support Technician.This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in High Point, NC.
If you are looking for your next challenge, we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you!
Provide stellar front line Deskside support in IT. Responsibilities include: identifying customer walk up concerns/questions for various Laptop and Desktop issues. This team will support the 1,900 employees across both the north and south campuses (11 buildings in High Point, NC). Technicians will also support Wyse devices, Blue PCs, thermal and laser printers, and provide non-Blue PC support on the Shop Floor.
We are looking for the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work enthusiastically with a multitude of customers, understand their business needs and manage their expectations
- Ability to professionally probe for information and gain user participation
- Ability to perform testing, hardware/software/application failure.
- Ability to multitask and handle ambiguity
- Ability to take charge and lead tasks to completion
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Windows 7 OS
- Maintain knowledge base of evolving Windows environment via client Engineering
- Ability to follow up with customers to ensure complete resolution if issue advances to 2nd/3rd level
- Minimum 1+ years of positive, professional, timely standard desk side support
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Provide on-site identification of machine issues
- Assist with in-person, hands on troubleshooting
- Create and assign tickets 2nd & 3rd level support if needed
- Provide and coordinate loaner laptops and Hot Swappable Machines/spare parts/accessories
- Perform software installations, reload/test to ensure resolution
- Repair/run diagnostics on site as needed
All team members will work Monday through Friday and one technician rotates in on scheduled ‘Production Saturdays’ and one technician rotates in covers on-call during weekdays off-hours.
- The regular workday starts at 6am and ends at 3pm for one tech daily, and for the others 8am to 5pm. (Eastern Time).
- On-call days are Monday through Friday and team members will rotate duty weekly. The technicians will rotate equitably through on-call shifts and report time when called or spent on resolving issues.
- ‘Production Saturdays’ may or may not occur on a regular basis and require one technician to be present. Again, technicians will rotate equitably on the Production Saturday schedule.
- For Production Saturday coverage, the tech will be scheduled a day off the following week.
All Deskside Technicians will be cross-trained and provide support in the office environment for PCs, laptops, printers (including installations) and do general trouble-shooting.