Our fun client in Kirkland is looking for a Developer Relations Engineer - North America who is passionate about technology evangelism and software development to help grow the awareness, understanding and adoption of their technology in developer communities. You will be part of a team which consists of a global enthusiastic group of software developers that play an instrumental role in building and nurturing a vibrant developer community that is passionate about their technology.
The Developer Relations Engineer often needs to research new features. In order to do so, experience in writing sample code for a reference board or single board computer (e.g. Raspberry Pi) is needed. In addition the Developer Relations Engineer will then need to be able to share what was learned by creating blog posts and presentations that they deliver at developer and industry conferences.
· Engage with the developer community to evangelize their technology and help drive innovative products and solutions.
· Learn innovative technologies, write code to learn what developers will need to know how to use it and clearly communicate that knowledge to the developer community and technical decision makers.
· Generate white papers and blog posts
· Hold and participate in webinars
· Become the subject matter expert, training and marketing initiatives.
· Attend and often speak at industry leading events – CES, IoT World, etc.
Skills and Requirements
· 2+ years of software development experience working on multiple hands-on projects
· 2+ years public speaking
· 3+ years creating content
· Strong relationship management skills
· Passion to learn new advanced technologies
· Ability to internalize complex technical information and translate it into simple yet powerful messaging for a variety of audiences.
· Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
· Travel- nationally and some internationally
· Strong public speaking, written and presentation skills
· Accountable team player and superior cross-team collaborator
· Experience with vertical markets or the Internet of Things (IoT) a plus.