Xtreme Consulting Group is seeking a DevOps.
We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer who can apply their skills and experience to build and run a world class SaaS environment, hosted in AWS. In this role, you will grow to become the primary decision maker and implementation expert, working closely with our Architect and development teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience in supporting infrastructure tools, automating software deployments and improving the continuous integration process in addition to working closely with the agile engineering teams to ensure products are secure, highly available and scalable. This position offers an outstanding opportunity for a highly-motivated individual who possesses a solid deployment and operations services background. The ideal candidate possesses strong problem-solving skills and a breadth of industry best-practices knowledge in AWS-hosted tools and infrastructure.
Our client is embarking on a two-year mission to complete a new application suite using the Amazon cloud technologies in combination with mobile tablets, hardware interfaces, and IoT devices and sensors. We are looking for a strong DevOps Engineer who enjoys being on the ground floor of an exciting development effort where every person plays a significant role – and we win as a team!
Support development team activities, and lead all system operations
Manage all AWS environments, infrastructure and systems, while planning for growth
Administer the AWS resource groups, users, roles, policies, and security; provide regular audits and reports on security to leadership
Plan, support, and find ways to improve our CI/CD practices and overall team process efficiency
Provide dev team and leadership with tools for continuous monitoring and analysis of all environments (dev, staging, prod), systems, and components of the application stack; we use NewRelic and Loggly.
Lead the implementation of system security best practices including:
- manage certificates, keys, and domain
- Manage firewall rules, VPCs, tooling, and cluster security
- Tracking and implement updates and security patches to keep us evergreen
Implement, test, and maintain: backups, recovery best practices, and policy settings
Keep the tools in our toolbelt updated, stable, and performant;
- Amazon AWS: EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, Aurora, ALBs & ELBs, SNS, Lambdas
- Infrastructure as Code: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Team Tools: GitLab, Jenkins, Slack, Swagger, Docker, Nexus, New Relic, Loggly, Jira, Confluence
- Databases: PostgreSQL, NoSQL,
- Frameworks: ReactJS, ReactNative, Java, JUnit, Java Spring, Rest-Assured, Appium
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field, with additional relevant IT professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years’ in progressively responsible Operations, Software Engineering, and DevOps experience
- Windows and Linux operating systems knowledge/administration background
- Experience with Identity Management using IAM, AD, Gluu, including Federated Authentication
- Experience with AWS tools, EC2, S3, IAM administration
- Experience with multiple Database technologies RDBMS (PostgreSQL), NoSQL(, NoSQL)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to learn new technologies in a constantly growing AWS platform
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills oriented around trouble resolution and root cause analysis