The Director, 3rd Party Distribution is responsible for managing the operational and business performance aspects of our client's OTA, GDS, and Affiliate distribution partnerships. It requires the ability to strategically prioritize third party connectivity opportunities, manage third partner connectivity enhancements or new connectivity (OTA, GDS, meta search partners) with partner and internal IT organization, effectively manage multiple projects and global connectivity rollouts, and work with global organizations.
Key areas of strategic focus will be in increasing incremental 3rd Party Distribution opportunities, optimizing the OTA merchant, package & opaque paths, GDS, and focusing on improvements to connectivity connectivity in these channels, including Direct Connections when appropriate. A key focus will be to work with internal and partner teams to ensure health of the connectivity and resolve any significant challenges to the connectivity in a timely manner to minimize impacts to client and its franchisees.
This position will also be responsible for producing and analyzing the metrics required to understand performance in these channels in these regions, effectively managing each partner's performance, and assisting in optimizing cross-functional operational processes that impact the connectivity and business performance.
The individual must stay abreast of industry trends and partner initiatives to capitalize on new revenue opportunities. The position is also responsible for developing and managing the Third Party Account Managers and Product Managers to work with them to identify opportunities and to create new and innovative ways to take advantage of the benefits of their assigned online accounts. The Director, 3rd Party Distribution must ensure their individual account strategies align with the overall company strategies to increase reservation contribution and provide optimal distribution opportunities to the franchisees and ensure all department activities align with our overall Distribution Strategy.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Performs the following duties personally and through subordinate associates:
Product Management and Rollout
In collaboration with IT and partners, identify, prioritize and manage requirements to support either new connectivity or enhancements to increase revenue production through OTA, GDS, and meta search channels. Evaluate the right type of connectivity (direct connect, switch, API) for new opportunities. Also, responsible for planning and executing the global rollout of new connectivity and/or enhancements.
Improve operational efficiencies and effectiveness in managing third party connectivity to increase revenue production and improve franchisee satisfaction. Work with partners and internal IT to troubleshoot and resolve abnormalities between third party connectivity and client systems in a timely fashion to restore system health. Help in enforcing client's Internet Distribution Policy and rate parity agreements with partners and franchisees.
Measure, monitor and analyze revenue performance to track progress and performance of all of client 3rd party distribution partners and markets. Identify performance trends and opportunities to further improve third-party performance.
Staff Management and Talent Development
Develops and leads high-performing team of Third Party Account Managers to expand and/or maintain client's Third-Party Distribution channels. Provide sufficient training for new employees to quickly ramp up on client's values, culture, and distribution systems.
SKILLS, EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Master's degree (MS, MBA) or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience with Internet travel distribution systems, GDS's, third party partnership experience management
- Minimum of five years previous experience managing people, both indirectly and directly
- Previous experience with successful budget management
- Knowledge of agile development methodology and product management
- Experience in project management as well as a good understanding of Revenue Management principles and philosophies
- Outstanding verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor with a strong customer focused orientation
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills
- Excellent process optimization skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent leadership and team development skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactics
- Ability to make measurable progress on multiple high priority items simultaneously
- Ability to lead and motivate others, and hold others accountable
- Ability to work collaboratively in complex cross-functional environment and drive results
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally less than 10% of the time