We’re looking for someone with strong excel skills as this individual will help out with a lot of reporting (generation and light analysis). They will be supporting a Regional Sales Director and their team.
Performs a variety of administrative support or specialized administrative duties for a department, region, site, group or individual executive including calendar maintenance and scheduling, phone responsibilities, greeting visitors, travel arrangements, expense and customer reports, presentation preparation, meeting coordination, budget preparation and reporting, recordkeeping, and other activities. Such activities may include the following as well as other duties as assigned:
- Possesses general knowledge of company policies and procedures to relay or interpret information, resolve problems within area, or refer to appropriate party for resolution or exception consideration
- Serves as a liaison between executives, managers, staff, customers and visitors
- Researches and abstracts complex information, and prepares reports in preparation for meetings and special projects
- May draft responses to correspondence, research and compile information for special projects or prepare reports as required
Job Level Specifications:
- Extensive knowledge of the organization, job content, practices and procedures. Has a breadth of knowledge enabling high level of contribution to multiple tasks.
- Works on complex problems that require significant judgment and initiative.
- Work is performed under minimal guidance and assigned in the form of desired expectations. Independent judgment is used to determine best approach and creativity is expected to achieve maximum results and handle new situations.
- Exchanges information with other departments or external contacts. May coordinate own work with that of other work groups. Will likely field requests from senior management, others in the organization and external contacts.
- Actions have appreciable impact to own department as well as others. Errors may be difficult to detect and remedy and will likely result in loss of customer business, materials, money and/or time.
- Typically 5+ years
Education and Certification(s):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Provides administrative support to San Jose managerial and sales staff
- Highly skilled with MS Office Suite products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint as appropriate for the job level.