HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
The Help Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Examples of functions performed by this person include:
- Service/Repair of existing equipment
- Assist with Intern PC deployment/pickup
- Prepping new equipment/ place existing image on existing hardware so it ready for Deployment
- Phone support – Password Resets/Duo Registration/VPN
- A/V Support for all day events.
- Work on tickets – examples include: terms, new hires, software installations using remote tools
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.