Job Responsibilities (in priority order)
- Produce information design and graphics for use in explaining design system concepts and conventions, to be used in design gallery, slide decks, newsletters, etc.
- Design and produce monthly design system newsletter for cross-functional employee community (designers, product development, product management, and marketing). Responsibilities include content edits, design, and layout.
- Design and produce quarterly articles on the design system for company-wide communications (responsible for content edits, design, and layout). Partner with corporate comms team for intranet publication.
- Provide design assistance and templates for slide decks and other materials for executive reviews and presentations of the design system.
- Produce design system communication artifacts, including:
- Posters / banners
- Produce additions and updates as needed for design system master slide deck
- Design and produce one-off design system communications as needed
- Publish documentation for newly approved or updated designs in appropriate repositories
Skills and Experience
- Strong writing skills – experience with writing communications for a broad, cross-functional audience
- Strong graphic design skills
- Mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft office tools
- Mastery of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, and similar graphic design tools
- Experience with one or more content management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications, information design, or related field; or equivalent experience in graphic design / communication
- 3+ years of experience in corporate communications
- Strong portfolio with graphic design and writing samples
- Experience with multimedia development or video production is a plus
- Mastery of English language, grammar, structure, and punctuation while maintaining an engaging, conversational tone appropriate for either technical or non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated teamwork abilities to build positive, collaborative relationships
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills both in verbal and written communications
- Able to achieve high-quality results on schedule