IT Systems Analyst
Under general supervision, uses computer system(s) and peripheral equipment to provide a wide range of special to extensive administrative and technical support duties requiring specialized knowledge and skill.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- LAN administration, repair of computer and hardware equipment, performing software tests and installations, upgrading software/hardware, creating/maintaining databases, acting as department liaison for maintaining computer and telecommunications equipment AND performing administrative duties in support of goal and objectives.
- Ability to install, maintain, update, and repair desktop computing hardware and software.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience completing installation, testing and setup of laptop, desktop and handheld devices (i.e. Blackberry, Droid)
- Basic understanding of imaging processes for bulk builds of laptops and desktops System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Good decision making, planning and organizational skills, with the ability to deliver effective written and verbal communications
- Work requires continual attention to detail to produce work that is timely and error free.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and effectively communicate with different levels of customers and contacts.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Certificate of Completion
- 1-2 years as a Technical Help Desk or Technical Support Representative
- Strong customer support skills
- Working knowledge of Windows 7/10 desktop
- Must be able to lift 40lbs.
- Valid state driver's license is required
- A+ or other technical certifications
- Strong desire to assist others with technical issues