Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Java Developer. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in beautiful Portland, OR. Our client supports a work/life balance, free parking for cars and bicycles, and on-site restaurant options. Having partnered with this client for 20 years, a high percentage of Xtreme consultants are approved for extensions. Additionally, we have an on-site Xtreme support team that is always available to directly assist both the consultants and the client. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
This position is a 12-month contract with an excellent chance for extension.
If you are looking for your next challenge, we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop code to support and enhance applications using Java by following coding standards.
- Support in design activities, including working with other IT departments and other stakeholders to create a technical solution as needed.
- Develop and perform unit testing, performance testing activities.
- Perform peer code reviews.
- Perform build activities, prepare, and package code for deployment.
- Prepare necessary code documentation and deployment documentation.
- Collaborate with other groups to achieve project goals (BSA, QA, Infrastructure, & Architecture Team).
- Ensure development activities are aligned with scope, schedule, priority, and business objectives.
- Ensure all tasks and milestones associated with technical design, development and unit testing are completed according to project management guidelines.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Java 7/8/9, Spring boot micro services, Tomcat, Active MQ, web services, Rest API, Struts, Spring framework, SQL and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with client-server architecture
- Test-driven development
- Agile development
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong analytical skills, fast learner and ability to kick start development in a short time.
- Ability to work independently, proactively and under pressure against multiple deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Be a team player, ready to support team members, stakeholders, and end users.