Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Java Developer. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in beautiful Portland, OR. Our client supports a work/life balance, free parking for cars and bicycles, and on-site restaurant options. Having partnered with this client for over 20 years, a high percentage of Xtreme consultants are approved for extensions. Additionally, we have an on-site Xtreme support team that is always available to directly assist both the consultants and the client. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
If you are looking for your next challenge, we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you!
Java developer with WebSphere Portal development skills.
The selected candidate will perform the following duties mainly for the project and the WebSphere Application Server 8.5 upgrade for our existing application portfolio, but will also support other Java applications as needed:
- Monitor application and infrastructure availability; make recommendations for configuration, tuning and testing.
- Perform application diagnostics including error and log review to recommend application and
- infrastructure tuning and fixes.
- Work on Java development and infrastructure projects.
- Provide incident and problem analysis & resolution; resolve and implement project enhancement requests.
- Follow code standards
- Simultaneously work with multiple, diverse projects and activities.
- Be available for out of hours on-call support
- Assist with administering the Rational toolset environment, including RTC, and RAD.
- Assist with performing code stream merges and conflict resolution, as well as providing other operational Rational support.
- Assist with coordination and perform code promotions and deployments for all supported environments.
- Assist with coordinating communications to the project team as part of deployment process.
- Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience using IBM Rational tools or comparable source control tools
- Experience in WebSphere Portal application development
- Knowledge of J2EE application architecture, design, and support tools
- Knowledge supporting an enterprise application
- Experience with database development in SQL Server or DB2 environment
- Experience with WebSphere Application Server
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of J2EE development experience
- Java development
- Minimum 1 year of WebSphere Portal development experience
WebSphere portal application
WebSphere application structure
- Minimum 3 years of IBM Rational tools experience, this is the work environment with this group
- Minimum 1 year of database development
- Experience with Tomcat a plus
- UNIX Admin experience
- Ability to explain complex issues in non-technical terms