• Evaluating Applications: still reviewing binary type of stuff on the applications... Your main focus will be to analyze customer's creditworthiness and make underwriting decisions.
• Improving Underwriting Process and Policy: opportunities for incremental improvement, not working with external stakeholders though... You will also work to optimize the application and experience for customers, while identifying areas in need of further incremental improvement
• Risk Model and Underwriting Policy Improvement: You will work closely with our risk modeling teams to strengthen our underwriting models and policies.
• With a compliance first attitude, identify issues, improve quality, and mitigate risk.
• 1 - 3+ years of experience in commercial underwriting .
• Financial services in general, please avoid lending club as this is where Tim worked at, any banks (smaller banks, CU, funcing circle)
• Exposure to financial statement components. exposure to this, understand the risk and the compliance piece a bit, what do you need to do on a phone call, what do you need to do to understand a customer, more of understanding binary risks
• Strong communication skills with the ability to simply lay out the conclusions and reasons for each decision
• analytical skills with real credit awareness and a practical approach to implementing processes, efficiency and consistency, doing to process an making tweaks to it as opposed to strategy
• Ability to constantly focus on the process and to develop and implement operational changes in order to improve efficiency and limit risk throughout the underwriting process
• Excel - ability to use basic formulas, mid-level excel skills•
Familiarity with QuickBooks and Salesforce (CRM) would be a plus