Junior Software Developer
Xtreme Consulting is looking for an energetic Junior Software Engineer with a passion for technology to be part of our dynamic team. Must have strong analytical skills to be successful working in a complex domain. Need to be comfortable working in an environment where you don't have all of the answers and be willing to collaborate with others to achieve success. Experienced with development best practice practices, such as pair programming, test-driven development, and shared code ownership. Capable of managing workload effectively and setting expectations appropriately on software delivery. You will have the opportunity to work on a various projects ranging from cloud-computing systems and web and desktop user interfaces, to algorithmic calculations and supercomputer-scale distributed computing.
- Understand complex business requirements and help design creative solutions.
- Anticipate, recognize, and solve emergent technical challenges.
- Collaborate in a team-focused, Agile development environment.
- Deliver industry-leading software with competitive cadence.
- Embrace technical excellence and continuous learning.
- Confidently contribute and adapt to changing requirements, ideas, and solutions.
- Support, encourage, and contribute to the growth and success of the entire team.
- Current development proficiency in a Java or C-based language, preferably C# and .NET (0-2 years).
- Solid experience with TDD using NUnit/MSTest or equivalent.
- Solid background in software engineering, algorithms, and data structures.
- Possess strong willingness to learn, collaborate, and communicate.
- Undergraduate/graduate degrees in Computer Science/Math
- Internships with a financial institute or enterprise software company.