LABS – Lead Designer
As a Design Lead for the Innovation Lab, you will be responsible for providing strategy and creating thought provoking ux/ui solutions that scale across multiple products, platforms, and end-to-end scenarios for a variety of users. You’re a savvy, creative problem-solver with a knack for making complex things simple—is guided by user data and business goals, and has a natural talent for working with others to turn ideas into reality.
In addition to providing forward-thinking strategy and solutions, you’ll still get your hands dirty with industry-standard tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop. You’ll also collaborate with the creative and product teams to produce awesome, industry-leading work. Day to day, your role will include:
- Create usable and engaging user experiences for customers while supporting business objectives
- Design solutions that scale across multiple scenarios and products
- Understand our products, gaining insight on where best to propose innovative ux interactivity
- Explore unconventional methods of delivering our content in innovative ways (i.e. casual games)
- Proactively manage multiple projects, from start to finish, to meet priorities and requirements in an agile environment
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with engineers, product owners, researchers and stakeholders to conceptualize, prototype, test, iterate, and build end-to-end experiences
We’re looking for a Design Lead that is both exceptionally qualified and a delight to work with which usually includes:
- Energy, a sense of humor and an open & curious mind (yes, these things really do matter!)
- 10+ years experience in the creative field—plus experience delivering consumer-related products to market
- A portfolio that demonstrates rock-solid skills in problem solving and interaction design along with examples of designing systems across multiple products or platforms. Strong visual design and prototyping skills a plus (After Effects, Flinto)
- Proactive and strategic problem-solving, design process, and project management skills.
- Excellent ability to present and explain solutions and decisions to stakeholders in a style that fosters collaboration and consensus building.
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InVision—and some knowledge of After Effects and Flinto
- Outstanding skills in designing interaction and visuals for mobile.
- Bonus points if you have experience designing for one of the following console products: Roku, Apple TV, XboxOne, Kindle, FireTV—and possibly PlayStation and ChromeCast.