Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Lead Deskside Support. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in High Point, NC. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
THE LEAD TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITES:
- Will provide daily direction for the team and attend key meetings with leadership and other service providers to be aware of changes to or issues in the ecosystem and contribute to urgent topics.
- All team scheduling will be managed by the Lead Technician.
- Attend the daily stand-up meeting held with CIO to quickly address any urgent or ‘hot’ issues. Also attend weekly ITLT (IT Leadership Team), weekly CAB, monthly town hall.
- Willing and able to handle unique and often "unsupported" requests and research potential solutions.
- Maintain working knowledge of video conferencing equipment to support end users.
- Identify back -up in case of illness or vacation and communicate this to IT Management.
- Maintain on call VIP support cell phone and maintain 24x7 availability.
- Maintain working knowledge and working relationship with Client Engineering to be aware of all changes, patches, policy, and requirements.
Demonstrate familiarity with specific executive use cases, network, policies, applications, mobility, data recovery, and client engineering.
This team will support the 1,900 employees across both the north and south campuses
TRAINING & TRANSITION:
Consultants will be provided with the following training.
- Client’s Desktop basics + Shop Floor Support (all)
- SLAs and success measurements
All team members will work Monday through Friday and one technician rotates in on scheduled ‘Production Saturdays’ and one technician rotates in covers on-call during weekdays off-hours.
- The regular workday starts at 6am and ends at 3pm for one tech daily, and for the others 8am to 5pm. (Eastern Time).
- On-call days are Monday through Friday and team members will rotate duty weekly. The technicians will rotate equitably through on-call shifts and report time when called or spent on resolving issues.
- ‘Production Saturdays’ may or may not occur on a regular basis and require one technician to be present. Again, technicians will rotate equitably on the Production Saturday schedule.
For Production Saturday coverage, the tech will be scheduled a day off the following week.