Events Manager (Contract)
Xtreme Consulting Group is seeking a Events Manager for a 5 month contract. You’re experienced with general marketing across acquisition, customer activation, brand building, and driving successful events and you’re excited to utilize these experiences to share your passion for technology, cloud computing, and the massive opportunity that exists to help IT solutions providers succeed in the cloud.
- Drive business results that succinctly and elegantly tells the story of our clients unique value proposition across products and customer segments at industry events
- Drive awareness and excitement around business and initiatives through our events
- Assess and report on the effectiveness event marketing activities, and drive adjustments and optimizations that deliver positive return on marketing investments
- Manage multiple deliverables on tight deadlines, while maintaining high standards of quality and attention to detail
- Learn complex technologies, and translate complex ideas into simpler communications for wider audiences
- Collaborate with various stake holders including executive management to establish and drive campaigns goals, priorities and plans to execute world class events.
- Build deep understanding of the needs of stakeholder teams and the customers they work with, and translate that understanding into event marketing plans and execution that achieve target goals
- Manage our global event marketing calendar
- Manage external vendors and partners in a range of geographies as required
- Deliver on-time, on-budget execution of assigned events (this may include travel, or remote management of events in other geographies). This work to span event planning, coordination of events and post-event follow-up, inclusive of on-site storytelling and content creation as required.
- Bachelors or advanced Degree in a marketing/ communications or similar field
- 3+ years of general marketing experience driving communications, marketing execution across on and offline channels
- 5+ years of large scale event planning and coordination experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize, and multi-task
- Experience managing expectations of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven and successful track record of planning, designing, and executing high-ROI marketing and communication plans and campaigns
- Effective marketing communication as well as collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a solution-oriented mentality
- Consultative by nature and a strong team player