Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a PMO Director. This direct hire opportunity is located in beautiful Lake Oswego, OR. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
The Program Office Director is responsible for the enterprise-wide IT portfolio of projects including application, security, and infrastructure areas. The role will oversee the implementation of a hybrid methodology including Agile and Waterfall supported by the creation and rollout of frameworks focused on best approach for the situation. The role will work closely with the CIO and other business and IT stakeholders to prioritize based on defined criteria including business value, time to value realization, etc.
This role provides leadership, coordination, and management of the PMO processes and related processes across the IT organization including value mapping, budgeting, and prioritization. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of managing PMO, Agile and Waterfall projects, managing expectations, and driving for value in a collaborative approach.
This role requires exercising good judgment, demonstrating initiative, and discretion, and leading with appropriate urgency to make decisions with a blend of cultural fit, and facts following a proven approach.
Candidates must possess notable strength with each area noted below:
- Leading PMO organization that will enable the company to deliver departmental and enterprise-wide projects efficiently, meeting value objectives and managing risks. This includes the active management of the enterprise project portfolio along with regular, concise reporting including C-level.
- Work closely with CIO on IT Governance including budgets, staffing, performance management and as a member of the IT leadership team contribute to strategic plans and decisions
- Leadership implementing program and project management delivery methods, leading/inspiring and partnering with 15+ members cross functional teams who have varying levels of Agile experience to accelerate time to value. Lead and manage for high-performance
- Leading varying size of cloud and on premise projects including automation, process and technical changes. Create flexible models and multi-track approach to evaluating demand based on complexity. Focus on continuous improvements in methodology and execution
- Financial acumen to manage budgets, analyze data points, present concise view of status across projects. Proactive management and a passion to influence outcome to effectively manage results
- Identify and avoid or remove roadblocks by actively monitoring risks, and escalating concerns or issues when appropriate to ensure business objectives are met
- Vendor management; creating frameworks for vendor decisions, vendor scorecard, rationalizing our IT vendors and maximizing value including quality
- Think through decisions with a framework and creativity while asking the right questions to best address opportunities in delivering value and increase project-level decision making speed
- Work independently and collaboratively to organize, manage multiple projects from inception to completion and manage multiple value streams and milestones between cross functional teams
- Influence outcomes through superior listening, persuasion, effective communication, and negotiating skills to solve issues and concerns. Effective resolution of conflicts, managing priorities and business interest
- Concise, insightful communication taking into consideration the needs of the audience and culture and building trusting relationships. Actively support knowledge sharing
- Project management tool expertise including project management software, such as Microsoft Project, SharePoint, case complete, and Portfolio Server. Manage for transparency using facts and analysis including KPI’s and scorecards to drive results and continuous improvements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited four year program, preferably in computer science or a related area of study or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience leading a PMO driving for value delivery through automation initiatives
- 2+ years successfully leading multiple projects using Agile approach and 5+ years managing waterfall projects
- 3+ years in senior and/or big 6 consulting roles, including work with multiple clients
- Experience reporting to CIO or c-level role. Proven track record of influencing at all levels and communicating based on audience.
- Operational mindset – expertise successfully driving automation for business operational results and IT performance
- Value focused in a PMO role. Strategic planning skills.
- Experience with delivering automation projects: process change and technology deliverables to support well architected solutions and improve user adoption
- Experience leading 15+ member teams in a matrix environment; unifying efforts of various teams involved to deliver
- Experience sourcing project managers and other IT project roles
- IT Vendor management
- Excellent record of inspiring and mentoring others to educate, train, and develop skills including Agile. Proven experience in building high performing teams
- Champion of methodology
- Strong financial skills: budgeting, forecasting for IT related projects and IT categories. Managing investment decision in a PMO role
- Technical background – preferred application delivery experience or solution architecture experience
- Office of CIO experience desirable
- Excellent communication, facilitation, issue management, mediation, and negotiation skills
- One or more of the following certifications: PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSP, CSPO, PSM, or PSPO
- Experience with JIRA, case complete or similar, and MS project
Please note: Finalists may be required to submit a list of projects that demonstrate the competencies noted above during onsite interviews.