Xtreme Consulting Group is seeking a Principle Architect for our clients the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, Â we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely.
You will collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, and a creative and agile work environment. This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, growing team at one of the most innovative technology companies in the world.
- Define long term architectural direction, design, and implement high performance and highly scalable and available platform components for advance analytics (machine learning and deep leaning)
- Work effectively with global product development and engineering teams
- Fully understand non-functional requirements, system interdependencies and limitations
- Maintain a broad view of emerging technologies and contribute in roadmap definition
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
- Expert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
extensive hands on experience in building distributed systems. The ideal candidate would possess firsthand knowledge of modern big data frameworks (Stream and/or Batch), be able to prototype and develop production grade services with little or no direction, and possess expert level knowledge of algorithms and data structures. Experience in leading and mentoring teams building microservices, scaling applications, supporting webservices and designing robust API’s a must.
B.c. in Computer Science, advanced degrees preferred
- Minimum of 10 years related professional experience
- Ability to prototype a system end-to-end
- Proven experience delivering production-quality server side applications in a professional software engineering role, developing in C#, C++, Java or Scala
- Experience with cloud platform such as AWS or Azure
- Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, engineering best practices, and agile software development methodology
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and asynchronous architectures
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven experience to lead a team of engineers to solve big problems with significant ambiguity