Principal Software Engineers
Xtreme Consulting Group is seeking a Principal Software Engineers to join our client’s team building an exabyte-scale database engine for real-time storage and analysis of dynamic geospatial data from:
- Autonomous vehicles
- Mobile devices
- Multiple sensory devices
We are looking for highly motivated candidates to work closely with other exceptional engineers to deliver the world’s most advanced spatiotemporal database platform.
You will be part of an advanced engineering team within the CTO organization tasked with delivering breakthrough and disruptive innovation powering HERE’s future business.
In this role, you both understand the business requirements and provide deep technical insights into the details of implementing novel high-scale software systems.
You understand operational issues, mentor engineers in your areas of expertise, and can drive innovative and effective technical solutions.
- Architect key components of a state-of-the-art parallel database engine
- Research, design, and implement software algorithms from first principles
- Collaborate with other engineers to coordinate efforts and solve novel problems
- Mentor other engineers in your areas of expertise
- Foster and employ software engineering best practices for high reliability systems
- Clearly document code and architecture
- 5+ years as a software engineer in a commercial software development environment
- Expert skill in C++ ver 11 or later
- Fluent with Linux software development
- Experience working on database internals or distributed file systems
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with geospatial algorithms or computational geometry
- Experience with software design for massively parallel systems
- Expertise at high-performance code design and optimization