Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a direct hire Project Lead. This is an awesome opportunity at one of our Top Client sites in the Dayton, OH
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Job Description/Candidate profile:
The company culture is based on the Holacracy principle. The role is an ideal fit for someone passionate about both software project and organizational leadership, someone who is a strongly curious and eager learner, who can think abstractly, has an educational foundation in computer science, takes a servant-leader approach, and cares for team members as a primary driver.
The role is not a good fit for those with a command and control approach to management, those focused on using processes or tools, those who are still deeply involved as hands-on technical contributors, and those who are looking to advance on a corporate ladder (we don’t have one).
When leading people, your skills and interests will guide what specific responsibilities you may assume. Those may include mentoring other project leads, leading recruiting and hiring efforts, forecasting and tracking our service-based revenue, providing a guiding hand to engineers’ professional development and career growth, overseeing shared technical infrastructure, facilitating effective matches between projects and contributors, leading new initiatives, and helping with the day-to-day issues of a growing technical team.
When leading projects, you’ll be accountable for all aspects of successful project execution, including:
· Great organizational leadership skills – Project and Organizational skills are key.
· Willing to wear multiple hats (you might just order lunch for the team!)
· Computer science degree is a MUST
· Project Lead + attending to People= Team members and others in the proposal
· Not interested in hierarchy growth or moving upwards in the corporate ladder
· Comfortable working in small, highly collaborative environment
· Ideal candidate will be a PhD
· They do a lot of projects that are Functional Programming based: Mainly using HASKELL Language that allows to express mathematical concepts that are different from imperative programming (like C++, C# etc.)
· A lot of work is based on Crypto algorithms. Software verification linked with a mathematical theory. Its abstract algebra
- Ensuring the team is producing world-class results that delight the client, on time and on budget.
- Planning all aspects of the project and coordinating all project activities.
- Mentoring team members, nurturing the team, and facilitating effective workflows.
- Staffing the project with our engineers and researchers, interns, and contractors.
- Communicating project status, issues, and results to the client and as an internal advocate via presentations, written reports, and conversations.
- Collaborating with other project leads to address company-wide concerns.
At a minimum, successful candidates have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 5 years of diverse experience managing software development projects
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience in a Director-level position
- A Master’s Degree in computer science
- Expertise gained working on government projects
We specialize in the research and development of new technologies that solve computer science’s most difficult problems.
We maintain a unique organizational structure tailored to the needs of the innovative projects we deliver. Our organizational structure is collaborative, one-level flat, and based on principles of well-defined accountabilities and authorities, transparency, and stewardship. We aspire to provide employees with something that matters to them beyond just a paycheck—whether it be opportunities to learn, career growth, a sense of community, or whatever else brings them value as a person.
We believe in individual freedom in the roles we choose and in the project’s, we pursue—our research focus areas are the intersection of staff interests and corporate strategy. We choose practices that best suit the project, team, and leaders, with company-wide standards kept to a minimum to ensure we are making the right choices for the situation rather than just business-as-usual choices.
Project teams involve multiple engineers and researchers and, in addition to our staff, may include team members from academia, industry partners, and government agencies. Project durations range from a few months to several years.