Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Project Manager. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in Detroit, Michigan. Having partnered with this client for 20 years, a high percentage of Xtreme consultants are approved for extensions. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
This position is responsible for leading individual projects or managing sub - segments of the Project Management Office Competency Center. Individual is responsible for recommending personnel functions within area of responsibility, assist in setting project and/or organization priorities, managing resources, providing input to and managing project or departmental expense budgets. This person will be working in the Innovation and Logistics team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adapts effectively to changing cultures and organizational structures, new procedures, or systems, and effectively leads and interacts with different types/levels of personnel.
• Continuous development of knowledge within profession and industry by understanding industry and business units
• Empower subordinates by allocating decision-making authority and task responsibilities to appropriate individuals.
• Establishes project priorities/risk identification, differentiating levels of urgency.
• Identifies Project/team and or individual trends in performance strengths and weaknesses.
• Maintains Project Management competency by continuous monitoring of trends and new techniques within professional area.
• Mentors and cross-trains personnel.
• Provides thought leadership in the establishment and development of project base line budgets, schedules, project engineering, and resource management and allocation, in individual and group situations.
• Sets individual project goals that are consistent with business objectives.
• Works effectively with customer/project/departmental personnel or those outside the formal line of authority to accomplish project/departmental goals.
Day to Day:
• Define and structure work to build evolving compute and storage infrastructure that encompasses data pipelines,
• Manage and report on the technology strategy & road map, develop priorities and manage an efficient project development and delivery organization.
• Deliver and present strategy to core team and steering committee.
• Work with IT & Business leaders to drive the strategy initiatives and solutions for Big Data Lake as a Service.
• Lead project management efforts via work packages with partners, architecture team, project management team and security/governance team.
• Build cross functional relationships with Analysts, Data Scientists and Business Analysts to understand data requirements.
• Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines.
• Assist with defining dashboards and data visualizations solutions.
• Define and manage contracts with purchasing agent and third-party service providers.
This person's success with be measured by the person's ability to meet timelines and milestones for the project.
Required background experience and skills:
• bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field.
• PMI or PMP certification is required.
• Demonstrated competency in the nine project management knowledge areas required (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resource, Communications, Risk, and Procurement Management).
• Experience with Big Data Lake Services, Big Data, or BDLaa
- Best vs. Average: Demonstrated Organizational Skills, Punctuality and Timeliness
Work schedule: 8 -5 PM