Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Infrastructure Project Manager. This contract opportunity is with a global manufacturing company in High Point, NC. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine project requirements: evaluate to-be designs, gather information, determine infrastructure needs
- Monitor project progress: track activity; resolve problems; publish status reports; recommend changes, corrective actions and solutions
- Prepare technical reports; collect, analyze, and summarize information and trends
- Develop technical task lists in support of project deployment
- Perform system and business process analysis
- Facilitate meetings and document outcome
- Develop and perform formal presentations when required
- Understand IT processes and work within designated guidelines
- Provide customer service in an advisory role
- Assist in development of user training
- Evaluate infrastructure IT processes and develop SOPs and best practices
- Interpret existing infrastructure/network diagrams
- Documentation of demand requests and design
- Detailed design decision documentation: who made, approved, and agreed on decision and/or alternative suggestions
- Process documentation (As-is and To-Be processes flows)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze and document business and system processes
- Ability to locate the cause of problems in business process flows
- Strong familiarity with MS Office tools including Excel, Visio and SharePoint
- Ability to facilitate meetings and document outcomes
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in understandable terms to the business community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including English language pronunciation and grammar
- Ability to lead a group of subject matter experts and information technology professionals through a business problem definition process
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of senior management
- Ability to organize and document business problems for presentation and discussion
- Ability to develop and deliver formal presentations when required
- Strong customer service orientation/attitude
- Ability to take charge and lead tasks to completion
- Ability to monitor workload across team of engineers and analysts, adjusting assignments as needed to meet schedule and budget deadlines
- Must be comfortable and have a proven track record of working well under pressure, delivering quality results, and meeting task schedule/deadlines while meeting or exceeding business requirements and goals
- Must be able to work independently and also work well with others
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to self-manage time and tasks with minimal direction
- Own customer engagement and relationship with Business Units as a representative of IT.
- Ensure that an appropriate technology direction has been set for projects.
- Garner necessary IT resources to move project activities forward.
- Oversee design, quote, and deployment of project infrastructure.
- Use Six Sigma and Lean skills to drive process improvements to IT operations.
- Advise organization in Transition Management activities in preparation for large process change.
- Remove obstacles!
- Willing to work weekends during cutovers, as needed
- Willing to travel to sites in US, between 50% plus
Required Knowledge and Experience (organized by Technology):
- Knowledge of Network Hardware and Software, Server Hardware, and Server Operating Systems
- Working within a structured Systems Development Life Cycle Methodology is preferred