We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Business Intelligence (BI) team. The individual in this position will perform validations of various components of Analytics environment including but not limited to, the data lake, enterprise data warehouse and BI Applications. They will also be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of data flowing through each stage of the development process, and fulfillment of requirements including adherence to Company’s Business Intelligence (BI) guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes business requirements, design documents for completeness and testability.
- Develops test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data and test scripts for manual and automated testing.
- Analyzes manual test cases and functional specifications; determines best approach for the development of automated testing and reporting.
- Develops automated test scripts, functionality and load; aligns with test plans utilizing various programming languages.
- Performs execution of test cases, test scripts, captures test results, test metrics and reports on them.
- Identifies and tracks defects, performs root cause analysis of the defects; collaborates with development team to resolve defects.
- Creates ongoing maintenance of test documentation in collaboration with development team.
- Creates test data sets which fully exercise data validation and end-to-end system functionality in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Validates code changes from various technologies, including but not limited to, BI/Reporting, EDW and ETL/ELT.
- Writes and executes SQL queries or Python code; validates actual test results match expected results.
- Validates automated performance/stress testing activities in collaboration with the development team, to ensure satisfactory performance of the system and end-user reporting; validation may include source to target validation, data model and ETL integration validations and validation of new or modified data, objects, reports, documents and dashboards created via Microstrategy.
- Reports Quality Metrics to aid in improving the QA Cycle.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to analytics quality processes, procedures and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of three years of data integration/ business intelligence quality assurance analysis experience, including an understanding of the development life cycle, databases (DB2 and SQL), file structures, system design and analysis.
- Working knowledge of the latest Microstrategy version preferred.
- Understanding of data lake/big data concepts preferred.
- Familiarity with statistical modeling concepts is preferred.
- Experience with AWS S3 and postgres databases is preferred.
- Understanding of the Testing Life Cycle fundamentals is necessary.
- Experience with the review of requirements documents, risk analysis and specification documents are necessary.
- Understanding of Functional, Non Functional, System Integration and Regression testing principles is essential.
- Ability to write, execute and validate manual and automated scripts and relational database queries is required.
- Knowledge of defect management tools is necessary.
- Knowledge of change management source control tools such as SVN, Git is necessary.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python is necessary.
- XML/Schema validation experience is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of data ETL tools is necessary.
- Knowledge of Power Center Data Validation Option (DVO) is preferred.
- Agile experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; ability to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing is required.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, is necessary.
- Ability to identify problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- Ability to multi-task while managing multiple projects and meeting various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating other with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- This position requires Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent technical training.