Xtreme Consulting Group is currently Recruiting for a Quality Manager for a direct hire opportunity in McMinnville, Oregon.
Our client is looking to add an expert Quality Manager to their Quality Assurance team. This position will require an individual who can work in a quick turn, high volume production environment while maintaining mission critical, aviation standard quality directives for our fast-growing, leading-edge unmanned systems propulsion company. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining and improving product quality and minimizing customer returns in a rapidly changing and high growth environment. The QA Manager must also possess exceptional team leadership and communication skills as well as the determination to lead in an environment of ambiguity and continuous change. If you are well versed in strong cross-functional collaboration and have a roll up your sleeves attitude we want to meet with you.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Hands-on plant and process engineering, with ability to provide innovative solutions to problems and improvement opportunities
- Effectively manage priorities and provide guidance to Quality staff
- Create and drive an absolute focus on Customer Satisfaction via Customer Claims and Complaints resolution, Cause & Corrective Action activities, and Customer Satisfaction metrics to the organization
- Provide, promote and implement a vision for an improved Quality Assurance and Process Improvement program
- Work with Managers, Operations staff, Production Teams, and other staff to identify and implement Nonconformance Reduction, Waste Reduction and Process Improvement efforts
- Be a leader in the organization with data mining and reporting, statistical analysis, problem solving, and continuous improvement activities
- ERP system expertise with background in targeted system improvements to create better information flow to/from the shop floor
- Develop and manage effective operating procedures and guidelines to support process standardization and training
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline
- 8 years of experience in Quality, Quality Engineering, or Manufacturing - Industry experience as a Program Manager, Quality Manager, Engineering Manager or Manufacturing Management preferred
- 5 years of experience managing a quality or manufacturing department
- Expertise with ISO 9001 / AS9100 Quality Management System certification process
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and projects to completion with minimal oversight and while balancing competing priorities - and creating a standardized framework for others to follow
- Demonstrated ability to apply strong analytical skills
- Experience with technical and project management
- Capability to model, design and specify manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Innovative problem solver
- Firm understanding of Quality Assurance tools and methodologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including communication of information and support in establishing specifications and procedures
- Capability to relate well to operating and managing personnel in a team-based environment
- Ability to effectively lead staff to achieve desired outcomes