Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Scrum Master. This contract opportunity is in Vancouver, WA. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
This position is a 12 month contract with an excellent chance for extension.
- Drive one or more Scrum Teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements in the forms of Epics, Themes and Stories.
- Understanding knowledge of the market, the stakeholders, users, and produces a release roadmaps and related project collateral
- Assists with the elaboration of Epics, Themes and Features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint.
- Continuously engage the customer and stakeholders to ensure the Team is constantly and incrementally building to the right outcome and demonstrating along the journey
- Finalize and ensure quality User Stories are present in advance of Planning to ensure the teams understand exactly what is required
- Represents the sponsor, voice of the customer and constantly interfaces/engages with internal and external customers/vendors
- Backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories with stakeholders (current sprint plus 2 is recommended grooming)
- The product owner is the voice of the Team to the outside world and should ensure that all channels of communications are open and that projects have the right amount of support required to succeed.
- Control the sprint and protect it from disruptions. Product owner will make changes in accordance with working team agreements and sprint boundaries
- Guiding the working team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum best practices and values
- Partnering with ESP program management to create and maintain a backlog according to business value, compliance scope or ROI
- Lead the planning of releases (major and minor) and set and manage expectation for delivery of new functionalities including communication planning, go live, and post production management
- Providing an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Experience with and how best to disrupt or terminate a Sprint if it is determined that a drastic change in direction is required
- Participates in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
- Experience working as a Product Owner in a technology environment
- Solid Agile experience
- Understanding of technology; Language and Applications
- Proven ability to define a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and identify technical and business changes required to address them.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across technology and the business teams.
- Experience supporting/rolling out initiatives to commercial teams
- Experience with demand generation, account/territory management, opportunity management and contact management capabilities, functionality and workflows
- Relevant certifications in Agile product and/or project management (e.g. CSPO, CSP, PMI-PMP, PMI-ACP) preferred
Xtreme Consulting Group Inc. is a Washington-based business and IT services firm that delivers Business and IT services to help clients reduce costs, enhance organizational flexibility, and improve their performance. Xtreme has consistently been recognized as one of the fastest growing private companies in Washington, as one of the Best Companies to work for in Washington, and honored as a top philanthropic organization. We hire experienced consultants who have a passion for what they do. Since 2005, Xtreme has grown from 2 founders to over 700 consultants working with customers in the US and around the world. A 20 year history in the Portland area.
At Xtreme Consulting Group, we are a very different kind of company. We invest and nurture our employees to achieve both their financial as well as career development goals. We work hard to create a passionate, supportive environment, where employees enjoy outstanding benefits and have fun all at the same time! Our consultants are passionate about technology and innovation, and desire to continually develop their skills. Our consultants are provided an opportunity to work with and for some of the biggest and best names in the technology industry. We reward leadership, diligence and the desire to achieve more. We strongly believe in sharing information and building on each other’s talent, while leaving politics at the door. Our consultants have taken on the “can-do” attitude that is the backbone of our organization. Learn more about Xtreme at www.xtremeconsulting.com.
Xtreme Consulting Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workforce diversity.