Our Information Technology division consists of more than 200 professionals and continues to grow responsibly. We are looking to add a Security Architect to our current team. This individual will be responsible for developing and designing high-quality technical security architectures that support the enterprise’s current and future business strategy. Ensures security, performance, capacity, reliability and availability of the technical architectures are built to achieve maximum productivity. Advocates across the enterprise for risk-driven governance and technical security best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines and designs a technical security architecture that meet the enterprise’s current and future business processes, data, application portfolio and technical landscape.
- Ensure the enterprise technical security strategy is understood and supported by stakeholders and incorporates changes to the business strategy.
- Applies enterprise security architecture frameworks, patterns and practices.
- Identifies and evaluates IT security vulnerabilities in existing, transitional and target architectures.
- Develops security architecture best practices and frameworks and implements across the enterprise.
- Defines standards, topology, data flow, and connectivity best practices for externally hosted systems; ensures standards are followed.
- Consults on the implementation and testing of security systems as it impacts the security architecture from a networking, dataflow and application perspective.
- Identifies weaknesses in existing and proposes architectural designs; researches and evaluates network and security technologies; develops recommendations for security solutions.
- Provides architectural security expertise for enterprise-wide projects; clearly communicates the trade-offs among alternative architectural designs.
- Documents and governs security system and application processes, including as-build configuration and architectural justification.
- Develops and implements IT-focused security education and awareness program in collaboration with Information Systems Security Program & Compliance.
- Defines security standards and architectures for use by stakeholders.
- Stays current on the latest industry and emerging technologies, reference architectures, patterns, trends and strategies.
- Educates and assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to security architecture processes, procedures and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing appropriate customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of five years progressive security architecture experience with progressive complexity and responsibility.
- Proven experience designing network and/or technical security solutions is necessary.
- Understanding of Service-Oriented and Cloud-based architectural principles and patterns is needed.
- Working knowledge of network security, network hardware configuration, network protocols, and networking standards is required.
- Proven knowledge of common enterprise IT security controls, including but not limited to, firewalls, SIEM platforms, NAC, IPS/IDS, encryption, authentication, tokenization, and desktop virtualization is required.
- Knowledge of security risk assessment, best practices, and frameworks preferred.
- Proven knowledge of security ramifications at all layers of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model required.
- Knowledge of systems, networking devices, virtualization, mobile, and web-based technologies required.
- Experience with SAP financial and ecommerce platforms preferred.
- Proven understanding of Enterprise Architecture practices, including but not limited to models, reference architectures, patterns, standards and frameworks is necessary.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel, Sharepoint, PowerPoint and Visio is necessary.
- Proven understanding of project management and the software development lifecycle is needed.
- Demonstrated business acumen with knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals and strategy is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, presenting complex ideas concisely and clearly; able to articulate ideas verbally and in writing is required.
- Must be able to articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Proven collaboration and negotiation skills are vital.
- Proven ability to provide and recommend innovative ideas with the skill to align projects and Company strategy is critical.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor, and work well independently is essential.
- Troubleshooting and organizational skills with a Can-Do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements is necessary.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are critical to success.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Criminal Law or related field, or equivalent experience.
- MBA preferred.
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) certification is required or the ability to attain within 12 months.
- Security-related, cloud-related, and project management certifications are highly desirable.