Senior Financial Analyst
- Conduct financial, statistical and business analyses, business and financial forecasting, and financial spreadsheet modeling, using large data sets and a broad range of tools and technologies including Excel, Essbase, SQL and Cognos.
- Utilize operational excellence skills set to provide acceptable return on investment on greenbelt and lean process projects. Demonstrate advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture.
- Oversee the monthly accounting close process working closely with accounting and finance to ensure the validity of the financials and report results to senior management. Provide controllership for the business team to ensure that policies and procedures are met
- Serve as a key business partner working directly with business leaders and cross-functional teams, presenting results of ad hoc business and statistical analysis and recommendations to senior management for optimal decision making. Define and measure quality metrics to ensure optimum customer experience.
- Refine, develop and automate reporting of key performance metrics (for defect reduction and quality improvements) and analyze using Excel, SQL, COGNOS, Essbase and other tools to achieve business goals.
- Maintain end to end responsibility of key AP process(es) and work with technology teams to understand, measure and improve support systems.
- Review and measure financial and operational performance on a weekly basis with business team and senior management using financial and operational metrics, including performing ad-hoc audits of the financial metrics used for data accuracy.
- Measure and monitor vendor experience metrics and correlate back to measurable shared goals with internal business partners.
- Maintain project plans, assigning and tracking tasks to respective teams. Locate and identify sources of data, determine the validity of the data, and analyze the variance in the data between various systems and reports. Exceptional discipline of meeting deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Support offshore transactional teams with root cause identification, identifying appropriate remediation and execute on a project plan with appropriate level of urgency. Partner with peers to provide global solution.
- BS, BA or BBA in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field required, MBA or CPA preferred
- 5+ years experience with financial analysis and modeling skills
- 5+ years experience with Excel, Essbase and Cognos
- Examples of delivering large, cross functional projects using waterfall and agile methods
- Experience delivering solutions through technology
- MBA, CPA, or PMP
- Experience with Oracle Financials, BI, SQL