Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Xtreme Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for a full-time opportunity with our industry leading Seattle client. They are looking for a senior full-stack developer to join a new engineering team. This team primarily focuses on Java/Groovy REST web services, data ingestion and processing, internal tools, and extranet systems that are the digital foundation of the Client’s supply chain, but they do a little of everything. Some days they are building cutting-edge web services, other days we'll be focusing on front-end web development. Sometimes they fix bugs in legacy code (every place has some), other times we'll handle whatever random requests come from the rest of the business. This is a team of domain experts, technical experts, and thought leaders.
- Architect and deliver maintainable, scalable, stable, reliable, high-quality systems on time, on budget, and in a dynamic production environment.
- Provide technical leadership for design and implementation of new features and next generation software systems.
- Interact directly with internal business areas such as marketing and merchandising to define and clarify specifications, analyze business processes, and define solutions.
- Create, document, and refine agile software development process improvements.
- Perform code and test plan reviews. Take responsibility for the quality of released software.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Research and integrate new technology into our stack.
- Passion for doing things right, the first time
- Desire to be a key part of a dynamic, aggressive, and successful business
- Eight or more years of professional software development
- Strong Java web service and web development background, including Spring, REST, JSON, JPA/Hibernate, jUnit, and design patterns
- Experience in container ecosystems, including Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, or similar
- Strong analysis, object-oriented design, technical leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience using, and a strong belief in, Scrum or other agile processes
- Understanding of the relative advantages and disadvantages of relational and NoSQL datastores, and ability to work effectively with both
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with, or interest in learning Groovy, Spock, and TDD
- Experience with DevOps tools, such as git, Ansible, Chef, Bamboo, Jenkins, or similar
- Experience with Spring Boot, MongoDB, Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes are all a plus.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Any other new and interesting skills and experience you can bring to the table