Senior Network Administrator
Our Information Technology division consists of more than 200 professionals and continues to grow responsibly. We are looking to add a Senior Network Administrator to our current team. This individual will lead the set-up, configuration and support of the network infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches and recommends tools and procedures for increased Infrastructure performance; leads implementation of solutions.
- Ensures maintenance and implementation of network disaster recovery architecture and operations.
- Develops and maintains complex systems, applications, security and network configurations.
- Performs complex network operating system administration including, but not limited to, software updates, patches and configurations.
- Installs, configures, supports and maintains multiple complex network service devices, telecommunications and LAN/WAN/WLAN hardware and software.
- Troubleshoots and resolves multiple complex network service devices; network security devices; and telecommunications services; recommends solutions to mitigate future issues.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Executes and leads medium to large projects within networking group.
- Mentors and trains Network Administrator I and IIs.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to network infrastructure processes and procedures. Serves as the Subject Matter Expert.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years network infrastructure experience is required.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following systems: network operating systems, WLAN, cloud environment, network topologies, network hardware, computer operating systems, routing, switching, data privacy, security and telecommunication systems is required.
- Advanced knowledge of network services availability, performance and security is required.
- Advanced knowledge of commonly available networking tools is needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are necessary.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel and Visio are necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- The proven ability to work independently and in a team, multi-task, and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to lead team/projects are required.
- Proven ability to motivate self and others is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree with a technical degree or equivalent work experience
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is required.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary. Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.