Senior Project Manager
Our client's PMO Department is looking to add a Senior Project Manager to their current team. The position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of projects to ensure that project goals are accomplished within the specified time frame and funding parameters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs large -scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents.
- Builds collaborative relationships with project stakeholders and project team members
- Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with department leadership in a matrix environment.
- Ensures project results are clearly articulated within scope and delivered business benefits are of the highest caliber.
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved and time, cost and quality parameters are met.
- Performs resource capacity analysis and resource plan management in partnership with department leadership.
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Serves as subject matter expert in briefing stakeholders in aspects of project progress related to work completion, scope, cost and quality.
- Prepares and manages all project related management plans in support of obtaining business benefits.
- Ensures flexibility in their use of project management methodology based on the project requirements (Agile, Waterfall, or a hybrid).
- Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- Makes good decisions in ambiguous situations and provides stakeholders with recommendations and contingency plans.
- Represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums.
- Publishes scheduled project status reports.
- Facilitates the procurement and sourcing process by defining deliverables, managing procurement team tasks, and ensuring negotiation activities are tracked and documented.
- Is a mentor and coach to team members and/or other project managers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position requires at least eight years of project management experience to include package implementation and support of complex business and technology projects.
- Looking for candidates with Retail/Business background and a proven ability to inspire teamwork, earn trust, facilitate collaboration and remove barriers to ensure project delivery.
- Project Management experience to include managing non-technology projects, as well as, technology implementations.
- Solid expertise in Software Development Life Cycle and Infrastructure Project Implementations is needed.
- Project Management best practices including communication, budget, cost, schedule, risk, change and quality management.
- Contract review and vendor negotiation is also needed.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field. PMP Certification, Prince2 or equivalent Project Management certification required.