Senior Software Development Engineer, Java
Xtreme Consulting Group is seeking a Software Development Engineer, Java with our client who offers w challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. They value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce—the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Key to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Would you like opportunities to explore new technologies such as ZooKeeper, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Redis? Do you love delivering features that delight customers?
Currently seeking Java developers to design, build, configure, and test application software. Our architecture consists of a growing number of microservices that drive our platform. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
Do you value having end-to-end ownership of your services? Teams oversee the deployment, operation, monitoring, and occasional "last tier" support of the services they own.
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment
- Expert-level Java server-side software design and development
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of persistence (SQL or NoSql) and data modeling
- Solid practices around testing to ensure quality (e.g. unit testing, TDD, integration testing, performance testing)
- Working knowledge of Linux such as scripting and command line tools
- Desire to lead by example by promoting standards and methodologies within your team
- Ability to organize and provide direction to your service team
- Experience with high availability and scalability of RESTful web services and microservices
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks (Spring, Guice)
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Maven and Git
- Experience with UI frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS)
- Knowledge of mobile messaging
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.