Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Operating System Administration including but not limited to; system installs, patches, software installation, configuration, custom development, custom scripting and security.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity relative to areas of expertise.
- Builds, configures and troubleshoots complex software and hardware enhancements and application deployments.
- Researches and recommends tools and procedures for increased infrastructure performance.
- Communicates with vendors to escalate issues.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex performance issues on servers, storage devices and/or Virtual Infrastructure.
- Monitors system activity and tunes system parameters for optimum performance.
- Proactively identifies cross-functional dependencies and provides solutions to minimize risk.
- Provides input to disaster recovery plan requirements.
- Stays current with the latest industry technologies, trends, and strategies.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to IT Systems processes, procedures and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience and understanding of the following: server operating systems, server topologies, server hardware, and security. Must have previous experience with Linux, Microsoft Active Directory, VMware ESX, PowerShell, Office 365, SCCM, and Windows 20(xx) Servers.
- An understanding of network operating systems and applications is also required.
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- The demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing is necessary.
- The ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options to then implement solutions is essential.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, including skills with Word and Excel are necessary.
- Troubleshooting, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are necessary.
- Treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
This position requires a four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. VMware Certified Professional (VCP) is required.