The Software Development Engineer will:
- Make architectural design choices, define APIs, develop distributed services, and build a scalable multi-platform IoT solution.
- Develop software for Impinj’s data streaming and Web services products. Leverage open-source server framework, enhance functionality, and develop new algorithms and features.
- Interface closely with our fast-paced hardware and software development teams using agile methodologies. Our company culture encourages innovation, technical leadership, and quality products.
- Proficiency in one of the following languages Java, C#, or C/C++ and at least one scripting language
- Experience or knowledge of distributed systems and SAAS
- Experience with or knowledge of service platforms.
- Experience with or knowledge of developing or defining RESTful web services APIs.
- Experience with or knowledge of delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
- Experience with or knowledge of NoSQL storage platforms, Hadoop/map-reduce, and real-time data streaming.
- A demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related field
- Prior experience with event-driven systems.
- Prior experience with audio, video or RFID data streaming, codecs and data compression.
- Prior experience with machine learning, proficiency in R, and knowledge of technologies such as Mahout, Shark/Spark, etc.