Title - Software Developer – Java/Python
The Software Developer’s role is to help plan, design, develop and deploy software applications. This individual will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help develop and implement systems/software to maximize the benefit of IT investments and initiatives.
- Design, Develop and Maintain software systems to meet user requirements.
- Design, Develop and Maintain software development framework to be used by development and test teams
- Utilize database architecture concepts around best practices, standards, and industry trends
- Help with technical vision throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Assist in defining and designing the domain and data models for software solutions
- Assist in estimation, risk identification and dependency analysis for new software solutions or changes to existing software solutions
- Utilize experience and knowledge to build highly scalable enterprise systems.
- Generates technical documentation as well as unit and functional test cases.
- Conduct Design/code reviews, code management, documentation, testing and support.
- Work closely with offshore Development/QA teams
- Work closely with the users to understand the requirements and provide production support as necessary
Position Requirements -
- At least 5 years direct experience as a Software Developer for major applications/ product development and release using Java.
- At least 2 years direct experience in software development using Python
- Experience in developing software in healthcare or biotech or pharma domain with patient data in mind.
- Extensive experience using Spring MVC framework.
- Expertise in using Oracle, PostgreSQL and MongoDB databases for web application development.
- Experience with Maven, Subversion and Jenkins
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structure
- Excellent coding and debugging skills with an attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in an Agile/Scrum or equivalent development lifecycle
- Experience in designing and implementing advanced database architecture
- Experience in writing advanced SQL queries
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows, OSX and Linux.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Experience with working in a highly dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Experience in working on multiple projects at a same time
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
Nice to Have’s -
- Experience with LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems) and LIMS integration.
- Experience in developing validated software products with HIPAA and/or 21 CFR Part 11 experience.
- Experience in working with onshore/offshore teams
- Good System Administration Experience
- Working knowledge and experience with design patterns.
- Experience in working in a non-profit or hospital systems.