Software Development Engineer-Seattle
Our client in search of a creative, proactive, adaptable, and hands-on Software Engineering Lead for our Cloud Migrations Team. You will work with and guide a team of experienced Software Engineers, Software Architects, and Product Managers to deliver complex features and automation on our platform. You are equally excited about learning and mentoring. In this critical role, you will impact the success of not only your team and our company – but most importantly, the success of our clients on a global scale.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery by mitigating roadblocks.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Actively participate within sprints by contributing code towards development tasks
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing sustainable processes and procedures and following core development principles.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, software architects, and product managers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web and desktop based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of users’ requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Design (with scaling in mind), develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and create well defined stories.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 5+ years of Software Development Experience
- Ability to take a project from requirements analysis to launch and operation of the system in production
- Experience in formal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
- Experience in leading and managing the delivery of system/software development projects in a structured environment
- Working knowledge of software development approaches and methodologies including Agile
- Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
- 2+ years designing software with exponential scaling requirements
- Strong understanding of advanced C# language capabilities
- Experience developing and debugging multi-threaded server applications Ability to effectively and proficiently communicate within a diverse working environment
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Experience working with and leading remote employees
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: generics, async methods, delegates, lambda syntax, LINQ, .NET threadpool, Task Parallel Library, PLINQ.