Software Development Engineer
This is a great opportunity for a developer who is looking for a position where they can have a high level of ownership using the latest technologies in a small, growing team that is highly customer focused environment
As a key member of our team, you will get the opportunity to own major deliverables in all aspects of development: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. Successful candidates can multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems. Candidate applying for this position should be passionate to invent and simply for processes and have solid experience in mentoring and guiding team members. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional design, and coding skills along with strong technical acumen.
This position will be working with a mix of systems and technologies with an emphasis on new-build full stack development. Our group utilizes a mix of development frameworks/tools (Java, Angular, C#, SQL, NOSQL)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of software development experience using object-oriented design and programming languages like Java, C# or C++.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Software development experience in JSP, Spring, AWS, S3, SQS, building web services and highly scalable applications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of front-end technologies and frameworks like Angular JS and RESTful web services
- Experience in and understanding of service-oriented architecture
- Experience in an Agile-led software development team
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches