Software Development Manager
This position will be working with a mix of systems and technologies with a heavy emphasis on full stack development using Java and the latest in cloud platform technologies via Amazon Web Services
We want incredible Software Development Managers (SDMs) -- like you -- to join our team and help lead the innovation on the fun and fast-paced projects.
If you enjoy iterating quickly, testing new ideas, and are passionate about providing a great user experience, we would love to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience hands on building successful production software systems and applications.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming with languages such as; Java, Ruby, C#, C/C++, building web services and highly scalable applications
- 3+ years of experience leading software development teams.
- Excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed project plans and schedules; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team by defining, implementing and maintaining a coherent, progressive development strategy for our product line.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to break down complex concepts into easily understood frameworks and models.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others, and the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area