Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Database/System Administrator . This direct hire opportunity is with a manufacturing company in Hillsboro, OR. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
If you are looking for your next challenge, we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you!
Responsible for optimal set up, programming and usage of internal applications, databases & systems. Responsible for the analysis and evaluation of user business problems and the development of system recommendations and/or configurations to meet requirements. Assignments typically include problem definition, evaluation of requirements, implementation of systems, reporting, data analysis, and end user training to meet business and user requirements.
Accomplishes business objectives by maintaining systems and databases. Identifies and solves manufacturing, operations, quality, finance, and customer information and processing problems through analyzing data, developing or modifying programs and databases in our ERP, developing reporting solutions, and recommending business process changes.
Candidate must have operational ERP experience, with demonstrated skills in requirements gathering, report development and ERP system customization.
- Maintain production and development database environments running Microsoft SQL server on physical and virtual (VMWare) environment, including SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) deployment
- Monitor all existing SQL environments and ensure all database servers are backed up, test backups to make sure we can restore our environment
- Investigate performance issues with stored procedures, functions, and views. Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends. Troubleshoot performance and reliability problems, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities and install and configure new SQL Servers in physical and virtual environment
- Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes, and deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors and tune T-SQL queries to improve performance. Uses Profiler traces and other tools to find the most frequently run queries
- Create custom solutions within the ERP to support stakeholder reporting and usage requirements
- Reconfigure set ups, manage patches and upgrades, and produce documentation to support end user ERP usage.
- Work with other IT employee(s) to achieve larger system related goals including business systems analysis, system evaluation, security taxonomy set ups and changes, and monitoring or modifying user access as part of internal controls.
- Other duties related to IT as assigned.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines for completion of projects.
- Domestic travel may be required.