Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a SQL Server DBA. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in beautiful Portland, OR. Our client supports a work/life balance, free parking for cars and bicycles, and on-site restaurant options. Having partnered with this client for 20 years, a high percentage of Xtreme consultants are approved for extensions. Additionally, we have an on-site Xtreme support team that is always available to directly assist both the consultants and the client. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
This position is a 12 month contract with an excellent chance for extension.
If you are looking for your next challenge, we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you!
Provide support for Microsoft SQL Server databases and the instances on which they run.
We are looking for the following skills:
- Knowledge of database administration tasks with the capacity and willingness to learn
- Knowledge of SQL Server and database security, roles, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Transact-SQL
- Experience with Linked Servers and distributed transactions
- Experience with Windows server environments
- Experience with SQL 2000, Enterprise Manager and DTS
- Experience with SQL 2005, Management Studio and SSIS
- Knowledge of SQL Server Replication and/or clustered environments helpful
- Experience with mainframe DB2 and/or DB2Connect a plus
- Support requirements are 24/7
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Provide support for all phases of database design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Provide technical database consulting to application developers during all phases of projects.
- Develop and maintain database standards; insure databases adhere to standards and that appropriate processes are followed.
- Provide troubleshooting of T-SQL code for ad-hoc queries, stored procedures, triggers, etc.; provide performance tuning of poorly performing SQL.