Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Sr. Business System Analyst. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in beautiful Portland, OR. Our client supports a work/life balance, free parking for cars and bicycles, and on-site restaurant options. Having partnered with this client for over 20 years, a high percentage of Xtreme consultants are approved for extensions. Additionally, we have an on-site Xtreme support team that is always available to directly assist both the consultants and the client. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
This position is responsible for assembling and facilitating the review and approval of the business requirements. As Application Owner for a suite of software applications, the candidate will provide technical and systems development leadership in solving difficult technical challenges and implement the proper technologies to meet the business needs of the company.
Professionalism and strong communication skills are essential. Must be comfortable working under the pressure of delivering quality results with schedule deadlines and must have a proven track record in meeting schedule for tasks while still meeting or exceeding business requirements and goals. Must be able to work independently as well as with others on work tasks and must demonstrate initiative and the ability to self-manage time and work with minimal direction. It is essential to be able to work well within a team environment.
· Actively work with customers to analyze business needs, gather and document business and system requirements
· Perform analysis and design on small to medium application projects
· Identify risks in proposed project designs
· Write detailed technical specifications for developers to follow
· Perform business process analysis
· Facilitate IT work estimates
· Document use cases and closely interact with developers and QA
· Facilitate test planning, execution and user testing
· Provide guidance and training to peers and to developers at lower levels
· Facilitate meetings and document outcome
· Perform technical training when necessary
· Develop and perform formal presentations when required
· Set technology direction in concert with IT standards
· Understand IT processes and work within designated guidelines
· Participate in the development and continuous improvement of BSA standards
· Perform Application Ownership Responsibilities
· Assess user needs
· Provide customer service in an advisory role
· Assist with user training as needed
· Troubleshoot application problems and propose optimal resolutions
· Responsible for optimization of system applications
· Provide best practices and application knowledge mentorship
- At least five years of BSA related experience with thorough working knowledge of SDLC, IT systems and various implementation methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of Software Architecture.
- Advanced technical proficiency in relevant operating systems, applications and languages.
- A proven ability to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills, oral and written (including technical writing) communication skills, and decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- A proven ability to work in cross-functional/matrix organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Ability to analyze and document business and system processes, multitask and handle ambiguity, and to take charge and lead tasks to completion.
- Experience writing Use Cases.
- Thorough understanding of the Application Development Life Cycle and the ability to lead efforts in implementing life cycle practices.
• Knowledge of .net framework would be beneficial.
• Experience as team leader and working with off-shore development is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Industry recognized business analyst certification such as CBAP® or PMI-PBA.
- Experience in agile environment as product owner or similar role.